Friday, July 16, 2010

Thinspiration

I was looking through some old pictures of me that are tagged on Facebook, and came across this.  I'm pretty much floored.  Look at how thin I was!  That tank top is hanging off of me.  No sign of bye-bye arms, no double chin, and my self-confidence was through the roof.  This was around the time when I started realizing that I had a good body and was appealing.  This was only five years ago!

I think being fat creeps up on you.  It's hard to notice a few pounds here and there, until suddenly you see an old picture of yourself and then you feel completely disgusting.  How could I let myself go like this?

This picture "thinspires" me to really get going.  I haven't been giving this my all.  Since I've been eating gluten-free, the weight is slowly coming off on its own, so it's been hard to motivate myself to be active.  (Why bother when I'm still losing weight without the "busting my ass" part?)  It's time to kick this into high gear.  I don't want to sit around waiting for the Gluten-Free Gods to dissolve the fat for me... I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Here comes the Irony Train!  Yes, when this picture was taken, I was at my slimmest (adult) size ever -- but I wasn't healthy at all.  I was thin because I lived mostly on Diet Coke and cigarettes.  Who needs to eat when you're young and invincible?

Well this time, I'm doing it the right way.  I want to achieve total wellness -- body, mind, and soul.  I want to look good, but more importantly, I want to be healthy.  I want to eat a balanced diet and be mindful of the things I put in my body.  I want to have my ducks in a row, I want to know myself, I want to live with as little stress as possible.  I want to feel good about my life and my place in the world.

I know my goals are lofty, but they're also completely possible.  My game plan?  Baby steps -- making one positive change at a time until I'm where I want to be in life.

So cheers -- and here's to the real beginning!  Things are about to get good fast.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna! I found your blog from the Healthy You Challenge. That pic would "thinspire" me too. :) You can do this!! The healthy way. Do you have Celiac? Is that why you are gluten-free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of those thinspiration pictures too!Mine where also not from eating healthy. My lowest weight was thanks to a disfunctional thyroid! I'm with ya on working out now too. Time for me to kick it into high gear with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna, I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the HYC challenge. Good luck with it all. And well done for recognising that you may be thin in that picture but you didn't get there in a healthy way. That's huge! I'll check back soon, Emma

    ReplyDelete