Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fit Point: Beat the Heat

Heat advisories are popping up all over the state, because apparently it's going to be a million degrees in the shade today.  I treated myself to an iced frappuccino (340 succulent calories) because I deserve it, and because hot caffeinated beverages are unacceptable when it's this freaking hot outside.

Which is a great transition to today's Fit Point!

Beat the Heat
Do you let the heat get to you? Does it push you to sweat for the beach body of your dreams? How do you keep cool in the middle of a sweltering summer workout?

The heat does get to me.  A lot.  It always has, even when I wasn't chunky like I am now.  The thing is, I don't notice the heat so much when I'm working out -- it actually bothers me more when I'm sitting around (I get heat sick very easily).  But when I'm working out, I don't notice it as much.  I keep myself well-hydrated during (and after) exercise, and I work up an amazing sweat that helps to keep me cool.

I find exercise to be addicting, and once I can get myself motivated to do it (I'll be honest, it takes some effort to work up the gumption!) I'm all about beating my personal bests and pushing myself to do more.  Counting calories is only one component to successful weight loss, and exercising in and of itself motivates me to "keep going!" because I know I'm burning fat and kicking ass.

My biggest motivation is feeling better and being healthy.  Especially given my recent health issues, my body feels weak and disoriented.  Eating gluten-free is helping more than I thought it would, but exercise brings everything full-circle as I begin to heal and strengthen my body.  My second biggest motivation is re-claiming my body and re-gaining my sexiness.  I want an envy-worthy body, and the best part is, I know I'll get there eventually so long as I don't give up!

How to Participate in Fit Blogs' Fit Point:

Write a post relevant to the topic.
Use the banner and link back to Fit Blogs.
Share the rules on your blog.
List yourself at Fit Blogs.
Comment on the person before you in the list.
Grab some creativity and free networking!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I have a hard time getting up TO workout. LOL.
    Great fit point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting involved with FitPoint!

    I also love the way exercise feels, it can be very addicting: and I'll be more annoyed by the heat just sitting around as well. Perhaps its because I know I should be doing something more. Even if I am laying on a beach I could be swimming, surfing, or walking! (though to be honest it is nice to just kick back and read as well)

    Embrace the heat and sweat a little bit! (I'll be checking back to your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me feel guilty that I've SUCKED at working out this month... lol, I was doing so good for like a month and a half, working out 5 days a week... but then it got HOT. So I stopped running altogether because I don't have a treadmill, and took all my workouts to the basement on DVD, and they are just NOT as satisfying as running, so I need to find another exercise I actually enjoy!

    I'd love to join a gym now that i'm employed and use their pool or something... I am an awful swimmer but I really love it :)

    I'm loving the new blog, by the way - more things to read = happier me :)

    ReplyDelete