Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Healthy You Update #2

I've neglected my poor blog for a whole week! I have entries to write, comments to respond to, posts to read... and I haven't even finished my coffee yet.

So let me just start by admitting that no, I did not meet all of the goals that I set for myself last week. I re-discovered Diet Coke, which I accidentally-on-purpose kept filling up on, so the 70 ounces of water per day thing didn't really happen. The weight machine remains in pieces at the back of our closet, and while I'm not sure exactly how much aerobic exercise I squeezed in, I know it wasn't in the neighborhood of 90 minutes.

BUT (and as you will have noticed if you scoped out my "Weight Tracker" thingy), I DID meet my goal weight for the week! I was sitting at 191.1 lbs on Sunday, which is (a) the lowest weight I've seen in a good 6 months, and (b) means I'm almost to the 10 pounds lost mark!

I'm feeling pretty good as I move into this week. Goals:
  • Drink at least 70 ounces of water each day
  • Walk for (at least) 30 minutes every day **
  • Get husband to help me set up the weight machine
  • Weight goal for next weigh-in:  189.0 lbs
Yes, most of the goals are the same as last week's.  "If at first you don't succeed," etc. and so on.

** As of Saturday, I have a pretty strong motivator for getting in those 30 minutes of walking each day!  Meet the new addition to our family, Piper!  She's a 14-month-old Parson Russell Terrier mix.  She's a tiny little thing; 11 pounds and essentially full-grown.  She's got the spirit of a much bigger dog, though, and is full of endless energy!

Piper has brought a lot of joy into our home already.  She's the perfect blend of active and loving, curious and assertive, hilarious and adorable.  She's spoiled rotten (and she knows it, too!)

Looking forward to a good, brisk walk-and-romp tonight with my daughter and our pup!

Here's to another great week -- cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss, and congrats on the new addition - she's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the puppers!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete