Saturday, August 21, 2010

Still Alive

Hello... hello... hello... (echo, echo).

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive.  The past week has been difficult; my health has not been good, and my emotional state has been strained.

I was back at the doctor's office last Thursday (August 12th), and was told (by a different doctor than I've been seeing) that I "actually probably don't have celiac disease."  What?!  I don't really understand the science behind the diagnosis; but it seems that I do have the gluten anti-bodies, but not as many as would be expected if I did have celiac disease.  The doctor on Thursday suggested that I have a gluten sensitivity, and since then, I have been slowly introducing (healthy) gluten back into my diet without much change.  (Incidentally, she also doesn't believe I have Sjögren's, either).

That still begs the question -- why have I been so miserable and sick?  They really have no idea.  They're running a butt load of tests, but who knows?

I'm starting to wonder if the stress I am under is making me physically sick, but that's another story.  I'm taking steps to promote total wellness in my life, but it's a long and tedious process.  Until I get things figured out, my posts here are likely to be less frequent.

I promise I'll be back -- probably with a new name (since apparently Jenna doesn't need to be totally gluten-free) and maybe a new look, too.

Until then, be well everyone!

2 comments:

  1. No doctor is able to definitely diagnose (or not diagnose) coeliac disease with only the antibody test. The blood test is only a hint that you might have CD... for a secure diagnosis you need to do a duodenal biopsy... so if the antibody test is elevated and you are sick when eating gluten, you should have the biopsy taken. But, let's hope you have something else, of course!!! Life with gluten definitely is easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Rhinoplasty
    is a surgical procedure which is usually performed
    in order to improve the function or the appearance of a
    person's nose. Rhinoplasty can reduce or increase
    the size of person's nose as well as modify its shape.

    ReplyDelete