Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Plan, I Has One!

It's Tuesday again, which means it's check-in time for the Healthy You Challenge!  I hope everyone is having a successful August!

Me -- I've been flopping.  A lot.  I have good intentions, but haven't actually accomplished anything in a couple of weeks now.  In fact, I gained weight, and then managed to maintain the gain.  Whoo, go me!

I've been trying to think about why I haven't been seeing any results, and I think I have a solution.  Check out my flow chart:

No Plan ---> No Goals ---> No Results ---> No Motivation

So today, I'm excited to announce a plan.  I has one!

I will be following the Eat Clean Diet, which isn't actually a "diet" -- it's a nutrition plan.  There are no caloric restrictions, no foods to eliminate, no potions to drink.  You eat 6 to 7 small meals each day, drink copious amounts of water, and feed your body healthy foods.  The plan jump-starts your metabolism each morning and keeps it chugging all day long.  And best of all, it's highly compatible with gluten-free living!  I've eaten "clean" in the past and saw great results; I don't remember why I stopped, but this time, I'm going to make it last!

As my Eating Clean book states, a good body is created with 10% genetics, 10% exercise, and 80% nutrition.  By following the meal plan, I'm already addressing the 80% component.  To kick up my exercise, I'm going to start with walking during my lunch breaks 3 or 4 times a week.  I also want to start weight lifting, and although space is an issue in our tiny apartment, I'm going to find a place to set up our weight machine.  And then, I'm going to start using it.

As much as I love my morning Starbucks run, I'm going to eliminate that (most days -- a treat is okay once in awhile!) and replace it with wholesome green tea.  I'm also aiming for getting in at least 80 ounces of water each day (I realize this puts me well over my "8 glasses a day," but given the Sjögren's Syndrome, I really need to keep myself completely hydrated!)

So, we'll see how this goes.  Today is my first day in full-swing, and I spent a good half-hour last night packing a cooler for work today.  The cooler is full of nutritious foods -- low fat yogurt, carrots, green beans, an apple and a banana, Jell-O (for dessert!), lean turkey lunch meat (I had to improvise on my proteins), and tuna.  With practice, I'll get better at packing and planning!

My goal for the week is to really give this my all.  I know that if I can "tough it out" for one week, I'll be feeling really good -- and making healthy choices will come a lot easier, because I'll want to maintain my wellness.  As far as a weight goal, I just want to see that number edge down, baby!

3 comments:

  1. I have this book too. I was trying to do the Flat Belly Diet and was failing. Not because of the plan but it's because I don't like to eat.

    Strange I know. You're wondering how did I get overweight if I don't like to eat.

    I'm overweight because when I did decide to eat it was never healthy.

    I think I may start posting my weight on the sidebar. Maybe it'll give me the motivation I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the link - I'm intrigued! Good luck with your goals and here's to a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post.Hey I have checked out your blog. It looks like you have done some good research here. Keep Continuing good job. I like your blog. I will be glad if you check out of mine. Thank you.

    affordable rhinoplasty

    ReplyDelete