Monday, August 9, 2010

D'oh

What is going on?  Is the Earth spinning backwards or something?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am feeling completely off and just -- wrong.

The scale didn't budge this week... not an ounce one way or another.  I know I'm lacking in the effort department right now, but seriously?  I haven't been binging on junk food or anything, either.

I have been really sick.  Celiac-related sick.  I was up for almost two hours last night, doubled over in gastrointestinal distress.  My Jason helped me run through everything I consumed all weekend -- no gluten that we could identify.  Possibly I have been into a hidden gluten source, or (probably?), my body is still trying to heal from all the damage that's been done to it.

My psoriasis has been especially bad these past few days -- which is probably linked to my celiac flare-up.  (Both disorders are autoimmune-related).

I'm showing many symptoms of Sjögren's Syndrome, which is another autoimmune condition strongly linked to celiac disease.

Allow me just this one moment of self-pity --

This sucks.  Really bad.  Sigh, woe is me, and whatnot.

I need to get into the fighting spirit.  I know I can shake this!  It's GO TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment