Monday, June 28, 2010

Weighing In

Alright, I'll admit it -- candidly. I weigh as much now as I did when I was nine months pregnant. That doesn't seem possible, especially because (back in late 2007) I was only about 15 pounds away from achieving the coveted pre-baby weight.

Thanks to an unsightly birth control faux pas, I gained back all of my hard-shed pounds, and some of their closest friends, too. Around that time, struggling through postpartum depression made the weight gain seem like too much to deal with. I felt passive -- an object that could be acted upon but could not act. It really didn't even occur to me that I could do anything about my weight gain.

I'm 5'10".

When I met my husband, I weighed 145 pounds.

When my daughter was conceived, I weighed about 160.

Presently, I weigh in at 195 pounds (BMI: 28.0).

My high weight was 199 pounds (BMI: 28.6).

My goal is to get down to 155 pounds (BMI: 22.2).

My dream is to reach 145 again (BMI: 20.8).

It might take awhile, but the work will be well worth it! Fitting into my skinny jeans again will feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment